[Gpdd] misc: blossom

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 7 13:12:33 EST 2009

Dear Corrine

I might be saying something others have said to you before, but is Blossom
on probitoics? The sore throat and swallowing issues may be oral thrush. It
might be that she has oral thrush and some other throat issue issue
together. Oral thrush can make the throat very sore and syringe-feeding a gp
with that problem is slow work, as they drool some food out -- they can't
help it, it's just the throat being sore, so be prepared for syringing of
food to take longer. It will help her sore throat to syringe a little water
after a couple of syringes of food, just to help sooth things. It does take
longer when they have this problem, as I've had this happen with one of my
gps, so settle yourself somewhere comfortable for each feed.

Even if it is not oral thrush, for as long as Blossom is on Flagyl or any
medication, but espeically antibiotics, the use of probitoics will help
maintain Blossom's gut flora -- antibitoics kill off the bad gut bacteria as
well as the good. Try giving her the probitocs about an hour and a half
after the antibiotics.

I am very sorry she is not quite herself right now, but I hope Blossom will
feel much better very soon.

Kind regards

Carole