[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom

ME me at buddies.org
Mon Dec 7 22:45:20 EST 2009

I've held pigs for up to 2-3 hours to wait for urine.  Usually after
the first time, they figure out if they pee quickly, I put them back
earlier.  Have you heard any crying?

Over the years of hand feeding, I've found that feeding them for a
whole hour is usually not as effective as 15-30 minutes twice in the
same amount of time.  Also, I never rush, only feeding as much as
they want at a time ... over feeding tends to make pigs drowsy and
they don't move around when they're full.  I always stop when my pigs
start cleaning themselves ... it seems to be one of those things that
pigs do when they're finished eating.

Actually, it seems very strange that your pigs haven't urinated while
you're feeding them, especially since you're feeding them for an
hour.  When I hand feed for half an hour, I usually get wet at least
once a day, often multiple times.  Are you syringing water with the
feeding?  Especially if they're not drinking out of the bottle, they
need water by syringe.