[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom still not eating

ME me at buddies.org
Thu Dec 10 00:23:06 EST 2009

Corrine, I empathize with you and what you're going through.  It's
really hard when you're trying so hard and things just don't get
better.  I (and many others on the GPDD) have gone through this type
of situation several times.  I've even gone as far as hoping to find
the sick one dead in her sleep since I feel so helpless to help (what
help am I anyway?), and then feeling guilty about feeling that way.
Of course, I wake up the next morning ready to care for the sick, so
I don't truly want them dead ... but I do get that fleeting thought
once in awhile.

When it's a long illness/convalescence, I just try to wake up the
next morning saying I'm just going to do my best today to keep them
as comfortable and happy as possible.  I focus on the fact that they
are troopers, being brave and loving life ... and it helps me keep
going on, week after week, month after month ... and I try to enjoy
the time I have with them.  I usually get much closer to those who
need extended care, we share so much time together ... and I try to
make that time enjoyable for them ... it can be as simple as saying,
"Silly piggie" and touching their nose when they drop the food pellet
I'm feeding them.

So, stay strong and be stubborn.  I always tell my sick one they have
to get better because I'm not going to give up on them.