[Gpdd] Health: Alana (long sorry)

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 11 21:07:00 EST 2009

Sadness here at Misfitville. Our dear precious little Alana is at the Vets for the nite. Last nite when we were giving our nightly treats to the "babies"  our dear Alana who is always the first at the gate to get her treat was in the back of the cage in the corner all puffed out and breathing hard... So I took her out and listened to her  and she sounded a little congested so I gave her antibiotic we have on hand to hole a guinea thru the nite till the vet opens as there is not a 24 hour service for vets that treat guinea pigs. I tried to give her fluids during the nite and feed her.. but she wouldnt have any of it at all.. I took her in bed with us on a cuddly blanket and just petted her and told her how special she is to us and she would be seeing the vet as soon as we could get her in. I tried to give her critical care but again she wouldnt have anything to do with it. just pushed it out of her mouth.. She continued to breath hard still. It was like
 her whole sides were going in and out. Now mind you she was perfectly well just hours before..i did get her antibiotic down her in the morning. Well I am making a longer story longer.. sorry.. I will get onto the vet part.. I got her into dr Cathy today and they immediately put her in a oxygen tent cage. I put her snuggie blanket in it with her and her little bowl of food and little plate of veggies.  She will stay in there over nite to help her breath as its very hard for her to breath right now. They gave her more antibiotics and meds I think it was lasik? to help with the water retention. I know she is not out of the woods by far..so asking for prayers and lots of them. We miss our little girl so much. Dr will call us in the morning and hopefully we will be able to bring her home. Where she is it a quiet area.. no barking dogs or anything loud..
So just asking for prayers. will keep you up dated.
As always we are sending our prayers out to all the other sick piggies. Hugs to all of you.
Jean & Andy and the many misfits