[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom update and Baby Truffles and Sparkles

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 10:13:50 EST 2009

Before I can answer this I need to know if its just 24 hrs, what happens at
the end of 24 hrs, vet will see them on a Sunday?  I need to know all meds
going into them and all food supplements, all over the counter stuff,
everything!! If there is no poo out at all and the vet is thinking blockage,
then they shouldn't eat for a short time if there is a good plan for what
happens after that. Then we see if the lactulose works, if it doesn't, then
there is a total  blockage and more food will overfill the gut as it cant
get out. I think that may be what the vet is trying to figure out. Either
way too much sugar is not good and if you give sugar the gut flora will not
stay good. She was given lactulose, right, that draws in water, and makes a
liquid poo that will uncork her if she has a blockage that can be fixed with
meds. But since lactulose (and glycerin) are humectants, I.e., draw in water
there has to be enough liquid to make this new liquid poo and still not
dehydrate her organs so she does need allot of water. What did the vet say
when you asked them this question?
I just cant answer without all the info.  If the vet said no food, only
water, then why make up a bunch of other stuff to put in her, I'm not
challenging you, I'm just saying I dont know the vets whole plan. Did the
vet say to feed pedialite? if so why add apple juice.  And if I was to give
a juice it would be unsweetened 100% cranberry as it has antibacterial
properties and still has nutrition. We still dont know for sure what's wrong
with any of the 3 or why 3 are poorly. I would like to get all the info
organized so it makes sense which I know is hard as you are exhausted
much caring. Be sure to have simethicone handy in case she gets gassy, and
keep up with the very gentle massage and heat. Best regards Sandy and Sammy