[Gpdd] Gpdd (Health) My Rufie Boy is Better~ little sow may need help

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:09:22 EST 2009

Hi All,
i am sitting here with Rufie in my lap as I type this.  He sits on a clean t
shirt with front paws pressed against my palm.

After 4 times having subcues last week, Rufie is perking up--still on
meds--because he had developed an upper respiratory infection--but the two
bladder stones are too big to get lodged in his urinary tract so whee are
keeping all paws crossed.
i am learning the skill of using a cut-off syringe to feed him critical
care, and the other syringe is water.
In addition I got benebac and vit c supplementing him.
he likes some vegies but only picks.
I am giving benebac to my sow, Cheyenie, also since she has cystic ovaries.
she can't seem to reach her cecals (sp?).
I noticed she had soft poops, so I think the benebac would help. the hormone
injections did not reduce the cysts but her fur came back.
I am thinking of having her see a radiologist to determine if her heart is
ok to have her spayed.
the vet felt sorry for her quality of life, and now the cysts are so huge I
am afraid for her.  The vet thought her heart beat may be abnormal but then
said she may be wrong since she always did have a fast heart beat; that to
spay is always a risk but that to do her justice. it may be helpful.
she was a tiny piggie when I got her and can't be more than 2 years.

My first sow, Gin Gin, had this type of cyst issue and had heart disease so
I could not have her spayed.  Ironically the cysts dispersed but she got
sick with pneumonia.  Vet said it was her heart disease that got her so ill
where we had to put her to sleep.
RIP all loved piggies at Rainbow Bridge.

Thanks to all of you,
Ellen and piggies and bunny