[Gpdd] Health: Dunya's skin

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:57:11 EST 2009

Hi all,

Some time ago I wrote about Dunya's scabby paws an skin problems.
Her paws look a lot better now, though still a bit red.
Her skin however looks worse, it is red and has developed sores (again).
Tomorrow (wednesday) evening I will be back at the vet for a 4th injection
of Ivermectin (Ivomec).
By then she has had 3 shots a week apart from each other, and the 4th
tomorrow will be 2 weeks later
then the shot before.
Her hair has still not grown back (on hindlegs and tummy) and she has gotten
some kind of scruff like dandruff,
and little sores again.
Two weeks ago the vet took a sample to do a fungus culture, I will hear
tomorrow if they found anything by then.
I might take a long time to get the results I was told... Dunya is currently
on antibiotics just in case its something bacterial.
But so far the ivomec does not seem to work, since things have gotten worse.
I have also washed Dunya with one of gorgeous guineas neem shampoos.
The surolan she had before seemed to work a bit in calming her skin down,
and the sores got better, this surolan has prednisolone and Miconazole
Nitrate.
I'm not sure that really gets to the source of the problem, or that it is
just symptom reduction.
The others seem not affected, and don't display any skin problems.
If it's not a fungus does anyone have a suggestion as to what it is, so i
can ask the vet about it?

Thanks in advance,
Mikey and the Remaining Winky girls: Dunya and Woopy
and my valentine boy: Chico
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl