[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom's situation

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Dec 16 01:29:16 EST 2009

this pouch may have been an abscess that ruptured into her throat or a birth
defect, I dont know. I'm wondering if it is more visible with ultra sound or
a fiber optic camera scope. In any case if there is a skilled surgeon on the
island, perhaps if there is a vet college, she could be evaluated for
surgical repair.  A surgical repair is probably a bit far fetched but its
the only thing I can think of .  In the mean the Rimadyl for pain and
inflammation is important, or some less favorable way to control pain.
Critical Care is the best food for her as it is finely ground natural food
for piggies and is likely to not get stuck in this pouch if kept pretty
fluid, mix and let it sit a bit till it thickens then add some more water so
it will stay fluid. Hay or pellets would I think have a tendency to get
stuck. I would follow each feeding session with some syringed water to keep
the pouch as flushed as possible. I have never heard of such a think in
piggies, and its clearly not easy to fix. It causes pain or fills up which
has taught her to avoid food. I would push consultation if at all possible.
I sure wish this was easier, but it doesn't seem to be
Sandy and Sammy