[Gpdd] Health: Dunya's skin

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 16 14:07:11 EST 2009

Dear Mieke

I am not sure how close each shot of Ivermectin should be to one another,
but people can ave reactions to drugs that exhibit on the skin, so why not
guinea pigs? She may be having an topical allgergic reaction to something. I
know others here will be able to tell you how often the Ivermectin shots
should be. Maybe this is how Dunya is reacting to either a skin mite or
fungus or even the Ivermectin itself?

The fungus culture should help to tell you much more. It shouldn't take many
days to get the results back, but if your vet is having to send them away,
that may hold things up.

Finally, for as long as Dunya is on any medication, but espeically
antibiotics, the use of probitoics will help maintain her gut flora --
antibitoics kill off the bad gut bacteria as
well as the good. Try giving her the probitocs about an hour and a half
after the antibiotics. Sandy on the Digest will be able to suggest a good
probiotic.

I am very sorry Dunya is not quite herself right now, but I hope she will
feel much better very soon.

Kind regards

Carole