[Gpdd] MISC Welcome Smores

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 16 15:29:31 EST 2009

Kelly,

I was so sorry to read that you lost your piggy, Gunner, not that long after Pancake departed for the Rainbow Bridge.

Bereft piggies can often be very lonely so I am very pleased that you have found baby Smores to be his new friend. Such a joy to see a sad piggy bounce back when he has a new companion.

I have had the pleasure of caring for very many piggies, and, in my opinion, both boars and sows make wonderful little housemates. The only difference between the sexes as far as I am concerned is that more sows can be kept together as a group, which is not relevant to your circumstances.

There is just one health issue regarding sows as they can sometimes suffer from ovarian cysts, which boars, obviously cannot. But then sows never get impacted and, generally are easier to treat if they should get a stone. Swings and roundabouts really.

A big piggy welcome to your new little girl. The vet should soon be able to sort out her bugs.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.