[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom saw the vet

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 23:55:29 EST 2009

Blossom went to the vet and other than her obvious lip boo boo, the vet said it was healing nicely so there's no need to do anything, she said she seemed bumped and bruised but nothing serious.  I thought her tongue might be a little swollen but the vet said her tongue has looked like that from the first time she saw her and she said everypig's tongue is different.  She said that Blossom has 'chubby cheeks' so it would make sense that her tongue would be appropriately sized too.  Her tongue doesn't stick out, I just 'notice' it.

The reason why I was holding her yesterday is because she seemed lethargic.  We had gotten some B vitamins for her.  We also got this 100% fruit drink for energy for her.  When put on the floor, she doesn't walk around as much as she used to.  She's still curious at least.  But she puts her head down a lot more.  Michael said she needs her rest.  But I said, aren't piggies supposed to be a lot active?  But he said to me that she's not feeling well, so if she wants to rest for a couple hours, you should let her.

We asked the vet about the probiotics and she said she doesn't think 'human probiotics' are good for guinea pigs.  She recommended plain yogurt.  Besides, she said it seems like Blossom has 'too much' probiotics in her system, which we didn't know you could have.

Yes, I'm a wreck of sorts.  I just feel this awful guilt.  I keep thinking that I did the worst thing in the world.  She's about four and a half years old and I really and truly would love that smiling, adorable face to greet me each and every day for a long time more.

Thanks for listening.

Corrine