[Gpdd] HEALTH: Flying (falling) guinea pigs

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 18 18:22:02 EST 2009

I feel for you, Corrinne. I dropped Hershey three times from a height of five feet. The first time I thought it was a fluke. The third time made me realize that I'm not going to be good at piggie restraint and I'd better find a better method, which was quite all right with Hersh, as she was getting pretty dinged up. So, I never carried her again. I'd put food in her Cozy Sack, pinch the opening shut once she'd gone in after the food, and carried her wherever we needed to go. I'm still petrified I'll have to pick up and carry Puff. When you combine our accident prone-ness, the odds are not in our favor. I guess what I'm trying to say is that flying guineas don't make a slave bad.
Joanie