[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom saw the vet again

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 23:36:41 EST 2009

It was close to closing time for the vet, but since Blossom had a little raspy breathing, I asked Michael to call to see if the vet would see us, while I got Blossom ready to go.  Michael soon came to the car and it's a half hour drive, but we made it there right when they were going to close.

They gave her ten minutes of oxygen treatment.  The vet said it looks like Blossom is going into heart failure.  She suspects she had the condition for awhile.  But she also heard a little fluid in her lungs.  She said since Blossom seems to have trouble swallowing, she gave her the lasix by injection.  For her heart, she gave an atropin injection.

As we reached home, Blossom seemed to be a little more 'awake.'  But we're not sure because now her whole body is 'twitching.'  Does this sound like a normal reaction?

Any thoughts or comments would be most welcome.  We can be reached at oreochockc at yahoo.com

Thanks,

Corrine and Michael