[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Blossom RIP

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sat Dec 19 14:03:52 EST 2009

Dear Corrine and Michael,
You moved heaven and earth to save Blossom's life. In no way are you
responsible for her death. It just breaks my heart to see you blame
yourself for her death. She is at peace now. I hope you can find comfort
in knowing that you did your very best for her and continue to do so for
your other piggys.
It appears that Blossom had congestive heart failure. This condition is
incurable in humans and in cavies, so in no way are you responsible for
Blossom's death. In some cases a cavy may be able to be kept alive for a
short period of time on lasix (frusemide) and  Vasotec (enalapril), but
it is very difficult to titrate the dose. Also, there can be all types
of side effects that can be very hard on the cavy.

I hope you can find peace in knowing that you did everything humanly
possible to save Blossom's life.

Sincerely,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.