[Gpdd] Health; Impaction

M mfug at live.co.uk
Sat Dec 19 15:19:15 EST 2009

Hi Glen, Rough and Ready, as far as I know there is no way to cure impaction, my boy Bubbles became impacted just after he turned 6 we had to help him empty out everyday sometimes twice a day for the next 6 months when sadly he left us. Impaction is very common in older boars.

I believe it is the special poops that cause the impaction (cant remember proper name) the piggies need to eat these poops as part of their diet, if both of your boys are impacted you probably need to keep some of the poops for them to eat when you help them empty out.

Its a smelly job but someones got to do, as oh said love is...........

Good luck with the boys