[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Piggies' Christmas Pirate Cruise and Snoball.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Dec 20 09:57:17 EST 2009

A message from Sapphire Piggyfriend.

Well, friends, we were all packed up and ready to join the Black Pearl for the Christmas Cruise when we had an enormous fall of snow here in S.E. England. The roads were nearly impassable and we decided to wait it out for another day. Slave's husband took hours to drive to work at Gatwick Airport, his normal route being closed by snow and when he got there he phoned home to say that the airport was closed due to the amount of snow on the runway.

He said that there were huge queues at the PigAir check in desk and the desk clerk piggies were giving out vouchers for all passengers to go and get a free salad at the restaurant. The weather must be bad if even PigAir is grounded.

A few flights took off later in the day but we are glad that we are here in the warm, despite the distinct lack of trays of grass being provided. We really think that our Slave could dig down into the snow to find our lunch.

We are hoping to go to the airport tomorrow and should be joining the cruise very soon.

Most of the Piggyfriends want to be pirates, of course, ( typical boars ) but we girls are willing to help out in other capacities. I will be chaperoning Puff and Petunia has offered to help me as I am not as young as I was. Maybe we could help look after Athena too.

Hope has volunteered to be a nurse and little Pandora wants to help her. Pandora is very sensible for a young piggy so I have said that she can. I hope that this will be OK.

Peony only wants to come so that she can meet lookalike Edgeworth, whom, she is convinced, is a long lost relative so I do hope that he will be making the trip.

Gulliver was our piggy dentist on our last sailing but he, sadly, is no longer with us, except in spirit, so Rye, who has had his fair share of dental problems has offered to take up his post.

Gingerbread had decided that she is too old for travelling but when I told her about Anniebelle and Abbiegale she has packed a bag and will be coming after all. Lavender and Crystal are going to help with her baggage and will be available to help the two Misfit grand dames if so wished.

Egg cards will be in the care of Shadow and Roscoe, who will help out as Security Pig, just as his sister, Daisy, used to do on our various adventures. Any Pirate Boars needing dreadlocks to complete their outfit are welcome to give Shadow a badly needed haircut.

Any Piggyfriends not mentioned, or assigned jobs, will be available for other duties at the discretion of the Captain.

The road outside is looking a bit clearer so, barring another blizzard, we should soon be on our way.

Looking forward to meeting up with old friends and new.

Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum ( or words to that effect ).

Sapphire, acting spokespig for the Piggyfriends, until somepig else takes over.