[Gpdd] [Virtual] Piggy Christmas Pirate Adventure

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Dec 21 07:39:04 EST 2009

The setting is dockside at a wharf in the seedier section of the dockyards
in Trinidad. The day is bright and clear, no clouds anywhere, visibility
unlimited. Nearby is a marketplace with food and vegetable stalls along with
little souvenir shops. Tourists and locals alike crowd the area.  A line of
small workers shuffle off stuffing rolls of cash into their pockets. They
are day workers hired to help finish the preparations aboard the ship. They
wander away  from the magnificent, but small three masted sailing ship
clearly marked "Black Pearl"in gold. Present are Cap'n Jack, Barnacle Bill,
and Shipwreck Sam who head up the gangway back onto the ship. They collapse
around a deck table with a cooler full of assorted iced bottled drinks on
the deck. Each grabs one, Bill and Sam go for the bottled water, the Cap'n
goes for a big jar of carrot ale. They are clearly exhausted, the Cap'n
wipes his sweaty brow with his ever present rag, Shipwreck Sam tilts his
sunglasses up onto his forehead. Bill sighs contentedly.

Cap'n Jack lets out a long sigh, saying "that's a wrap boys, good job all
around" Bill pipes in "yeah we beat the first Pig Air arrivals", Sam
chuckles, "Oh! yeah! but not by much, drink up mateys, or we will be caught
looking like wharf rats and smelling like pigs". Bill shoots an appreciative
glance at the double entendre'. "I thought we would never get done, whee
started too late" Cap'n Jack says "but we did make it thanks to you, Bill,
thanks for the care with the provisions, I really want tonight's buffet to
be special" Bill cocks his head, "well you know I always wanted to be a
chef"  After a short companionable silence Sam says "I'm sure looking
forward to having my darling Jodie in my arms again". Bill chimes in "there
he goes again, he cant shut up about that girl for more than 10 minutes" The
Cap'n says well I see why, me, I'm looking forward to meeting that new girl
Puff, she tears up everything, gotta admire a girl that can keep her salve
spinning like a top!" "Sure, but she's a baby, my Jodie Da Pig is a sow!"
Cap'n orders "drink up boys we are down to minutes, last one into the shower
takes first watch" Scraping of deck chairs ensues and a pushing shoving mass
of boar power elbow each other as they race to the showers knocking over one
of a pair of decorated palms guarding the stairway, Christmas balls and
little bells tinkle to the  ground and roll away un-noticed.

15 minutes late a spiffed up Captain calls out "all hands on deck, the first
guests arrive" Sure enough up the wharf comes a large group of guinea pigs,
wearing back packs and looking every bit the lot of tourists they really
are. Their diverse and colorful clothes clearly stand out from the locals.
Up and down the wharf the vendors see potential customers and race to
attention and start calling out their wares, "get your lobster here"  No!
No! our kebab be the finest on the island, calls another. The piggies march
on clearly amazed but a few old timers keep them in line, Peaches is there,
She warns them not to waste their egg card credits, the captain has promised
a welcome feast. Just then a trio of local musicians catch up with them,
"hey you guys headed for the Black Pearl", the piggies all chatter in the
affirmative, the musicians let on they are the entertainment. Jodie pipes up
first with "I didn't know whee had local piggies too!"  As they all reach
the Pearl silence falls as they stand and stare at the gorgeous ship, washed
and painted, new sails smartly tucked, and a magnificent Christmas tree has
been fashioned with long garlands entwining the mid-mast from the very top
and wound around rigging spread out to the ground in a Christmas tree shape.
Each separate line is lighted, decorated with pine cones, pomegranates,
Christmas balls and tinsel, the overall effect is just stunning. Cap'n Jack
calls out "come aboard me hearties, her she be, your Black Pearl, and whee
be ready for partying and sailing and fun, welcome yee all!!"  Barnacle Bill
and Shipwreck Sam rush and snap smart salutes first to the Cap'n and turning
in unison to the arriving guests and musicians and salute them as well. Then
the two work their way into the crowd to help everyone aboard, greetings are
heard, Agent F old buddy!! this must be Ghost!  Where are the misfits, Oh!
there! Hi Sapphire, the Piggy friends are here. Yeah! Gingerbread, you are
looking marvelous! Where are Lavender and Crystal! Oh here is Ned! He's a
Misfit, show us Adeline. Someone give Anniebelle and Abbeigale a lift with
their baggage!!  Help Amelia and Alexandra too! Ned calls out for Lavern,
someone else calls for Patches. More calls and returns go out, happy
chatter, old friends, introductions. Just then Sammy spies Jodie, he drops
the bag he's carrying and runs to her, they grab each other and dance in a
little circle, he takes her hand and slowly kisses it right on the
engagement ring still safely perched there. They stare into each other eyes
as the mayhem continues until sharp stamp bring them out of it, it's Pegleg
Peaches decked out in the most decadent thigh high black boots ever seen on
a sow, Ahem! she says again, Sam says "Oh! wonderful, Peaches you have never
looked better! you remember Peaches dont you Bill??  "Well certainly not
like this", Bill says and takes her arm and they startup the gangway.  All
are moving onto the Pearl when the Captain says loudly "Where's Baby Puff!
She's on the manifest"  Just then a little laugh is heard and all turn back
to the gangway, and there swinging precariously from the guide ropes a tiny
pig swings from one to the other and jumps down onto the board. She is just
magnificent, already a full coat of long red rosettes, and a white forelock
which she swings insolently back so her eyes blaze out. Captain Jack is
already half way down the ramp when he comes to a screeching halt and he
just stares.  A tiny voice pipes up shyly "I'm Puff, but I'm no baby!!!" The
Captain is still rooted to the spot as though time itself has ceased. Puff
walks up to him, tucks her paw into the crook of his arm, "Cap'n Jack I
presume!  The only movement he can make is small but very sweet smile, she
smiles shyly back.  Behind them the party has started, the musicians are
tuning up, glasses tinkle, conversation sparkles, but for the Cap'n and Puff
time has stopped.
to be continued by all!