[Gpdd] Health: Dunya was finally diagnosed

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:16:13 EST 2009

Hi all,

As I wrote before Dunya is having skin problems and the vet did a fungus
culture.
Well it turns out she has a fungus, like we expected.
I asked for the name of the fungus and they spelled it for me: trichophyton
mentagrophytes.
I looked that up on the internet and found that Athlete's foot is caused by
this fungus, also nail fungus
can be caused by it. Since I have both in a mild version I am wondering who
infected who...

I got some medicine for Dunya to give her orally daily for a wheek, then a
wheek no meds,
then another wheek meds, and so on for 6 wheeks. The meds are called
Itrafungol or Itraconasol.
I think Dunya seems to like the taste, which is a relieve to me, since she
hated to be treated with the Surolan
(miconasol/prednisolone), which we were to put on the balding places of her
skin.

I am glad to finally know what is causing the skin problems. Eventhough it
will surely take some time to clear
this up, at least we're actually doing something about it. And luckily Chico
and Woopy seem to be just fine.

Thanks for all your responses and advice, they were much appreciated.
I do own a copy of Piggy potions, so I consulted that. I also took it took
the vet in case the fungus culture was negative...

Hugs and piggie Kisses,
Mieke and the Winky girls: Dunya and Woopy
and my valentine: Chico

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl