[Gpdd] Gpdd (Rainbow Bridge) (Rufie)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:56:52 EST 2009

I am very sorry to have to say our little Rufie has gone on to Rainbow
bridge today.

 He went in for surgery to remove the 2 bladder stones; i was going to bring
him home afterward.  I had no sleep and was in the parking lot resting in my
car at the vet's, when the vet tech Michelle called me on my cell and said
that they were operating and his problem wasn't the bladder stones, he had a
blocked (failed) kidney, and then she said the kindest thing to do would be
to put him to sleep.
 since i did not want him to suffer i said yes, then i came back in and the
vet came out in her scrubs and we went into the other room; she told me his
kidney was just gone and that to try to remove it he may not survive. Turned
out both stones were in the ureter although in the xray it looked like it
was the bladder; but they were not even in the bladder, they were blocked in
his ureter and both ureters were inflamed.  Rufie lost weight since last
Friday and he had developed bumblefoot, i mean he was getting ready to go.
Two weeks ago he weighed a little over 2 lbs. and today he was a little
over 1 lb.  I went in and said aloha (goodbye) to him, and told him to go
into the light.

I did not feel as sad as I already had cried my heart out last week.  I had
accepted pretty much that he may be on his way to the bridge.  They never
woke him up again, they just kept him out and put him to sleep.  poor Rufie
must have been in so much pain.  I am just glad he is not suffering anymore.
i went to the store and there was an Alaskan Husky (friendly) in the local
grocery store, one of the few left (not some big supermarket chain).  The
dog came over and was all 'hanging out' with me.
I had never seen the dog in there before.  Turned out it belongs to one of
the vendor-guys or someone, like that.  Then I realized Rufie had sent the
dog to comfort me.  That's how much he loved me and me him.
I will ask Rufie to come and visit me in my dreams.  I know he is with Gin
Gin and Li'l Guy and they will too. (They have already visited me.) They
will visit if you ask persistently.
Thanks to all for being there...
>From Ellen and now 9 guinea pigs, one bunny, and Rufie in spirit with Gin
Gin and Li'l Guy