[Gpdd] Misc - Vacation question and boarding

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 23 15:53:48 EST 2009

Allison,

I have only left my Piggyfriend herd once overnight without supervision. I
left them enough food for days, piles of hay, many more water bottles than
they could possibly use and extra dry food bowls.

When I got home in the morning they had cleared up everything except some
hay. I suspect that most of the food had been eaten before my car left the
driveway.

Regarding boarding piggies. The mother of one of my son's schoolfriends ran
a boarding kennel and when we went away she took care of my dogs, birds and
all of the piggies who were accommodated in her cosy barn. She loved having
them all and they had the most excellent time. She even cut them boxes of
grass every day from one of her fields.

Sadly she has retired and moved away so I rely on my now grown up sons to
pigsit ( and a great job they make of it too ).

My Rodentologists board piggies too so if there is a poorly Piggyfriend,
he/she goes to stay in their house where the experts are instantly
available.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.