[Gpdd] MISC: bonded piggies?

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 03:58:53 EST 2009

I have a question for those who have had bonded piggies.  When one goes, how do you treat the one you still have?  My mom, who is not a piggie person (not putting her down or anything, just pointing out this is from a non-piggie person point of view) says that she thinks Baby Truffles will be fine as a 'solo' piggie.  My thinking is, she won't.  She still sulks and seems depressed and like I've said, to me, that's natural and of course, readily accepted.  She's been with her mommy since birth and that's been four years and almost two months.  We have only a couple of pet stores, one on this side of the island and two on the other side of the island (three hours drive away), plus three humane societies (one up north, one west and we're on the east side).  Our humane society only has male gp's at this time.  The one on the other side of the island has two females.  I understand that it's not a simple matter of picking any piggie and having it get along
 with your piggie.  But I'm wondering if any formerly bonded piggies have made it being solo.  Of course I worry about Baby Truffles and like I said to Michael, I know he doesn't look forward to it, but if I have to try several piggies with her, I'm willing to do it!  Michael, of course, doesn't wish to expand our number of piggies too much but he also understands about Baby Truffles having a buddy.

So, we're interested to hear others' experiences in this matter?  Thanks so much.

Corrine