[Gpdd] HEALTH: Baby Truffles

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 14:57:59 EST 2009

Baby Truffles had a neurological problem.  I've been worried about her since birth since the pet store fed Blossom rabbit pellets and certainly no fresh veggies that we know of.  But after getting Blossom, we tried our best to take care of her and her unborn.

As for Baby Truffles, she was diagnosed with a suspected infection that showed up on an x-ray of her head.  It showed up as a slightly darker area behind her ears.  A sort of thickening which the vet suspected was an infection causing the neurological symptoms.  At that time he treated with baytril and prednisone and panacur (just in case).  She was tested for parasites but all tests came up negative.  She seemed to have improved, then Blossom became our concern.  Baby Truffles, at least, seems interested in fresh food and will eat it if hand fed.  Sometimes we'll leave her pieces of fresh food and she'll sniff and nibble some on her own.

Obviously, she's lonely, misses her mommy, and well, I've been there, and I never felt the need to eat no matter how 'hungry' I may have felt.  To us, 'at the moment' she's somewhat normal.

We're still debating on whether to get her a friend.  Time will tell.

Thanks,

Corrine and Michael