[Gpdd] Misc: Wonderful piggie exchange gift

bradfolg at vt.edu bradfolg at vt.edu
Sun Dec 27 16:18:12 EST 2009

Never saw this make the digest, so I'm sending again.  I hope everyone had a
great Christmas!

Hello everyone,

It's true that when it rains it pours.  Or in our case, snows.  I was a bit late
getting our Secret Santa Piggie Exchange gift out due to the bad weather.  I'm
in Blacksburg, Virginia, and we had a little over 15 inches of snow on Friday.
We've not had that much snow in many, many years, and it shut down most
everything.  I work for Virginia Tech and it's very rare that they stop the
Blacksburg Transit buses from running and they were down at least three days.
So I was snowed in here in Blacksburg and so were my parents in Ironto (about
25 minutes away).  When I finally got there yesterday for a visit, I noticed a
big Owbow Hay box sitting in the floor.  When I asked my mom where it came
from, she said "Oh, it had your name and all the piggies' names on it."  Now
she tells me!  We got a huge box of goodies from the Misfits (and the Sills)!
I just had to open it.  There was a bunch of wrapped packages for the piggies,
which will wait until Christmas and a gift bag for me.  Thank you so much for
all the goodies (socks, Snowman beanie, pot holders, and Bath and Body
lotions)!  When I saw the card and how thick it was, I knew we had gotten
pictures of the Misfits.  I had to open that one too.  Jean and Andy--your
piggies are the cutest!  And such great Christmas photography.  Me and mom both
enjoyed all the cute pigtures.  I hope to get some holiday pics of mine today or
tomorrow!

And now that I get back to the digest, I see that I've been out of touch by
e-mail too long.  I'm sorry that I worried you, Jean and Andy.  After we
finally dug out from the snow, we had to get one of our piggies to the vet.  I
spent most of the day in Roanoke (about 45 minutes away), to take Miss Scarlett
to the vet.  We heard late yesterday afternoon she has a stone.  The efforts to
hydro-pulse (I think that's what they call it) it out didn't work this time (it
had in the past) and we fully expect her to have to have surgery today.  We
don't want to take a chance on her getting blocked over the Christmas holidays.
 I'm waiting on a call from our vet this morning, to see what he thinks we
should do.

BTW -- for those of you who have piggies who get stones frequently.  Would you
recommend the Shilintong to help her pass the sludge and stuff she keeps
getting?  I brought her home in the spring and she's been on antibiotics or
some type of drug therapy off and on the entire time.  When not on medication,
she squeaks and cries pitifully when she pees.  Poor Miss Scarlett.

Thanks again to our wonderful Secret Santa exchangers, the Misfits.  I'm so
sorry we didn't get back to you earlier!!! I hate that we worried you! I do
hope our package reaches its destination soon --- it had a long way to go.  ;-)

Wishing every pig and every slave a very Merry Christmas!!!

Libby and the 7 Bradford Piggies
----- End forwarded message -----