[Gpdd] MIsc: Swiss guinea pigs

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:50:11 EST 2009

Hi,

I have had the fortune to actually meet and hold a Swiss Guinea pig.
I assume you mean a Swiss (CH) Teddy guinea pig?

I own a US Teddy boar, they are very soft, and have fizzy hair.
Their whiskers are straight, unlike the whiskers of Rex piggies which are
curled.
Rex and Teddies look very similar, an other difference is that Rex piggies
have little curls on their tummies,
whereas Teddies have normal straight hair on their tummies.

The big difference between a US and a CH teddy is that the CH teddy has
longer hair,
about 2 - 3 centimeters (0,78 - 1,18 inch).
Both their coats are soft, whiskers straight and tummy hair is short and
straight.
Not completely sure about the last one though.
I made a pigture of the CH teddy, if the person who asked about swiss teddy,

wants to see him, send me your email adress
and I will mail the pigture to you!

Grtz,
Mikey
and the Winky girls: Dunya and Woopy