[Gpdd] Health: Bumblefoot

cavyhaven1 at netzero.com cavyhaven1 at netzero.com
Thu Dec 31 12:04:23 EST 2009

I awoke to find my "Tuesday's" foot bloody along with the bottom of the cage in spots.  She has been treated for Bumble foot on this particular foot in the past and I seem to be doing everything correctly according to the Vet.  Meds and daily soaks in a warm "Hibiclens" bath but it keeps coming back.  her cage is kept clean and I put her on fleece when the foot acts up just so she is more comfy.  My question is, can I also soak her foot in epsom salt soaks along with or before/after the Hibiclens soaks or is that a no no.  Any advice is welcome.  I have read Peter's books but can't find anything on epsom salts and pigs.  Thanks Kate