[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Diva Had Her Babies!!!

CindyB cindyb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 09:22:42 EST 2009

Yes, finally (*finally*), Diva had her babies on January 26 at 9:30pm. I
just happened to be near the maternity ward hutch at that time and heard
strange vocals coming from within. Diva was in her plastic igloo, but I
could see that she was cleaning up a tiny guinea pig. So I guessed that
either she was entertaining friends or she had had at least one of her
babies.

Unfortunately, Diva has an unfortunate background where humans were not
known for their kindness. And we have had her for such a short time that we
haven't yet built up a real bond with her yet. So whenever she hides her
babies away from us, we totally understand. We're taking it very slowly with
her.

The next day she appeared in public with her 2 babies and we were so
delighted to see them. One looks just like Jay (dad) and the other is an
albino! That was unexpected. The following day we started putting the 3 of
them in a small exercise area together while we clean their home, and last
night we tried putting Jay in there with them. How excited mom and dad were
to see each other again--she groomed him and they both enjoyed themselves,
despite the interruptions of the children.

The children seem to puzzle Jay. He's not sure what they're for, obviously,
but he'll put up with pretty much anything if he can be with Diva again. We
hope to get the whole family together in one huge hutch within the next
couple of days.

But mom and babies are all doing great, and that's all we can ask for.

CindyB, Reese, Peaches, Diva, Jay (and now Frosty and Junior)