[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Sponsor a Guinea Pig

S Brannigan shevaun at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:12:27 EST 2009

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a website I run with you-
http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/-it features a different rescue's
special needs guinea pig each month, with the goal of fundraising for a
portion of their care. Our slogan is "Sponsor a Guinea Pig-Where a Dollar
Makes a Difference!"

This month's guinea pig is All Creatures Rescue and Sanctuary's Maddie, a
lethal guinea pig (meaning she is blind, deaf, and has extensive dental
issues). She is one of the most adorable guinea pigs you'll ever see! Please
read more about her story here:
http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/2009/01/februarys-pig-of-month-maddie.html.

I started this website because, though I don't run a rescue myself, I've
always wanted to be of aid to them. The longer rescues are open, generally
the more special needs animals they accrue. And these animals can take a
toll on an already small budget. With volunteers for staff I figured it
would be really helpful to have someone fundraise for the rescue, and with
this economy I figured small donations were the way to go. So each month I
pick a different rescue and a different pig, and enough people donate that
we make a big difference in a small animal's life!

If you can't donate, please forward this email on, or please visit this page
for banners you can post on your
site<http://groups.google.com/group/sponsor-a-guinea-pig/web/banners-you-can-post-on-your-site>.
You can also email me to join our once-a-month listserve, and your email
will never be shared!

Thank you so much!
Shevaun
http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/