[Gpdd] MISC Scoot's dental work

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Feb 2 12:14:23 EST 2009

Debbie,

I am so sorry about Scoot needing dental treatment and I agree that you could take him to no finer place than Cavies' Castle to have this work done.

When I posted about people taking advantage of Chris, I was thinking of the number of piggies for rehoming that have been taken to her recently when Cavies' Castle is intended to be a place of healing and helpful advice not a rescue. I know that Chris will not mind at all if Scoot is left with her to recuperate, especially as you are a fully paid up member of Cavies' Castle. No need to feel embarrassed about helping a piggy in need.

It is still snowing hard here in Sussex but the bad weather is forecast to be moving north tomorrow and I hope that you will have a good crossing on the ferry. A covered hot water bottle will be a good idea and you might be able to get someone in the ferry cafe to refill it for you. Bring lots of blankets too as it is really cold here. Perhaps you have a piece of Vetbed for the carrier as that is nice and cosy. A jar of baby food for syringing on the journey might be easier than the Cavy Cuisine.

I have seen Tich doing dental work many times but I do not believe that I could attempt it myself. My hands are not steady enough. My son wants to learn how it is done and when he has a free day, he is going to spend it with them learning this and other piggy things.

Paws crossed for a safe journey. The snow may be moving away but the roads could still be icy so do take care.

I will be taking Garnet to Cavies' Castle on Friday to have his stitches removed so I hope to see Scoot there and be able to give him a cuddle.

We will all be thinking of you on your journey. Wishing you all success. Bon voyage.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.