[Gpdd] MISC: laughing piggies

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Tue Feb 3 16:27:28 EST 2009

In light of all the sadness lately, with sick piggies and piggies going
to the Bridge <sniff>, I thought I would share a funny story about Friday.

Normally I adopt rescues, but Friday came from my vet three years ago
when my vet's piggie had babies. Friday is an Aby, a bit, um,
high-strung and opinionated, but is also a sweetie.  And he loves his
Tumbleweed (one of the Maryland rescues).

Anyway, Friday laughs!  I can't describe the sound in any other way.  He
laughs sometimes when he is getting a treat, he laughs when I put him
out with Tumbleweed for floortime, and, most recently, he laughs when he
hears the hay container opening.  It's kind of a "a-whoo-ooooo-oooo-ooo"
sound.  When he laughs, the sound seems to grab his whole body, and it
chortles with him, as if the sound is rippling through him.

Of course, when he does that, it makes me laugh, too.

Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday