[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE

Charlene Hawk ckhawk79 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 14:30:48 EST 2009

Hi all!  I've been a lurker here for many years and appreciate all of the helpful information and funny stories.  I felt I needed to share my little story today as my last guinea pig, Holly, passed over the rainbow bridge this morning.  She was 5 1/2 years old and I would like to think she had a happy life with me.

I rescued Holly from a pet store who was advertising a pair of guinea pigs on the cage.  She was the only one left and since she was bigger than most babies they sell I asked if I could take her home if no one wanted her.  A week later they let me have her.  A month later we discovered she was pregnant and went on to have 3 cute little piggies (Pearl, Pebbles and Poppy).  At that point we had 7 guinea pigs total in 3 separate cages in a one bedroom apartment (that didn't allow animals, oops).  :)

Holly outlived all our other piggies and I will sure miss all the wheeks I've been hearing for over 7 years!  I can now only imagine Holly getting to run and play with her babies again!

Charlene