[Gpdd] [EtherBun] My bun's "eyes are spinning" and her head keeps drifting to the left...

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 19:17:16 EST 2009

Dear Nic,  I just saw this message   There are 3 things I would look for!,first  treat her with Ivermectin, she may have ear mites and the Ivermectin will kill them and they also kill other parasites, many kinds but not all,  2. After her ear is clear of mites the vet can see if she has an ear middle  infection or ear abscess, third, there is a protozoan parasite called e. cuniculi that most pet bunnies get at birth from their mother, but it usually stays dormant until the buns system is compromised then the parasite will attack, and the symptoms are usually neurological, like what you are seeing now, and can be fatal.  The last cause would be something else neurological, ask your vet to consider nystigmus which is an eye movement disorder, a symptom really,  but usually to the right or left, worst would be a tumor. Treat for mites, its cheap, 3 shots of Ivermectin or 1 to 3 applications of Revolution, and then get head x-rays from 2 directions and look for abscesses or holes where there shouldn't be any, also an ear infection can be diagnosed this way

Oh I thought of one more thing, have the teeth checked, an x-ray will make sure the root isn't growing up toward the eye and that there isn't an infection or abscess around the teeth, and that they're not overgrown, hope this helps, I haven't been able to keep up with my digests as they are coming in a form I don't prefer and I cant get it worked out with admin. So I tried canceling my account so I could try subscribing again and hopefully that would fix it, but the cancellation hasn't gone thru.
Sandy and Manny the Boar, and his pet, Little Guy