[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bladder Rupture - CAUTION: Long and sad...

bunsnpigs at aol.com bunsnpigs at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 12:39:54 EST 2009

Dear Steve and Ginger,

Thank you for passing along this information to all of us about Mike T. Pig's painful experience at the vet. It's so sad to think that he died in this way, and I am so sorry that you all went through this. Poor little guy. I would like to add that I have never seen this happen to any of my piggies before.? I had to manually express Petey's bladder for a couple of weeks after his fall left him paralyzed from the 'waist' down. I was thankful when he learned to urinate on his own again because he did not like the procedure at all. Neither did I. I know of other people?and vets as well who have done this on guinea pigs.

That being said, if the vet who did this did not know what he was doing when it came to guinea pigs, maybe that contributed to it. It could be right, though, that Mike had some other disease process going on that helped this terrible event along.

Again, I am so sorry about poor Mike T. Pig. It also hurts thinking about how much discomfort he was in from this.
?
Judi L.