[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: belated condolences, Golden

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Tue Feb 10 13:30:25 EST 2009

Sherry and the Piggie Pals, it was with much sadness that we read of
Golden's last few days.  As we read, we, too, thought that he had
developed pneumonia, and we were not expecting to hear that his chest
cavity had filled with fluid.  Please find comfort in knowing that at
each step of the way, you did everything you could.  Like you, we would
have placed a humidifer near him to help him breathe, and, of course,
would have served his favorite treats.  We are sure that he felt all of
your love and care as you tried to figure out what was wrong.  We are so
sorry that he became so ill on a Sunday night, with no other option than
the emergency vet, but it sounds as though the vet was thoughtful and
did all he could.  We really think you did the right thing in foregoing
the option of trying to pull some fluid out via needle, since, as the
vet said, that might actually lead to respiratory arrest.  Keeping
Golden's last moments peaceful and helping him to the Bridge was a brave
and selfless act on your part, and we are sure he appreciated your final
act of kindness.  You made the decision with love in your heart, and he
knows this.  Please accept our belated condolences on his passing.  He
was a lucky boy to be part of your family.

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday