[Gpdd] MISC Fires in Oz O/T

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Feb 11 14:44:20 EST 2009

Julie,

We have been following this dreadful story here on the BBC news in England. We are struggling here with snow and floods but nothing can compare with the tragic loss of life as a result of these fires and to learn that some of them were started  deliberately beggars belief.

The film clip of that little koala being rescued by the firefighter is on the BBC news website right now.

The plight of the folk caught up in this disaster is too horrifying to contemplate. I keep looking at the map of Melbourne to see if there is any trouble near Glynis's home town and I was very relieved to receive an email from her on the 9th. I know that she does not have internet access at home so I hope that she continues to be OK.

If you are reading this, Glynis, know that we are thinking of you.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.