[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for SCAMP Holly

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Wed Feb 11 15:48:09 EST 2009

  Charlene

  We were so very sorry to read of your Senior Citizen Ageing Miracle
  Pig, Holly's departure for The Rainbow Bridge. We can't imagine what
  it must be like to lose the very last piggie of a herd, but we know
  that day will come here at Serendipity, as the 22 we once were has
  already been reduced to 8, and 5 of them are already SCAMPs. Slave
  Debbie is determined not to acquire any more, as there is inadequate
  vet care here in France for piggies, plus she has her own health
  problems at present. But we can imagine the strange silence that must
  pervade your home now - especially around piggy feeding times!

  We are so glad you rescued Holly from the petstore, and we are sure
  she was too. It was wonderful that you were able to keep all her 3
  babies - were they all females? We think the fact she lived to such a
  ripe old age is testament in itself to the fact that she was well
  cared-for and happy as your master. We are sure you will miss her
  very much, but what a comfort to think of her popcorning in the
  meadow beside The Bridge, reunited with her babies once again.

  We offer our condolences to you at this sad time.

  Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses