[Gpdd] misc; Off Topic Fires in Oz

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Wed Feb 11 13:25:13 EST 2009

Julie, Donald, Wheeky, Joey, Kimba and Snowdrop, thanks for reporting in from Australia.  We are so glad to hear that you are OK.  We, too, saw the wonderful story about the rescued koala; I believe it was on page 3 of USA Today this morning.  There was even a photo of the koala drinking the bottled water and holding the fireman's hand -- just as you described.  We read that the koala is on antibiotics and is expected to make a full recovery.  We send our best wishes to everyone there who has been affected by the horrible fires.

Glynis, we hope to hear soon that you are all right, too!

Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday