[Gpdd] CARE: Long-haired piggies

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 12 14:10:22 EST 2009

Hershey's a long-haired piggie. I keep her hind end trimmed, or she winds up smelling pee-ish. I give her some grass in her carrier, put my hand between her and the scissors, and snip away. I can't get it as short as I'd like to keep her smelling piggy-sweet, but I can't accidentally cut her either. The rest of her hair I only trim when it drags on the ground. I wouldn't want her to trip on it. If Anastasia doesn't need trimming (if she smells good) and can run freely I don't see the need of trimming her, do you? I bathe Hersh rarely, again, only if she smells of urine or is beginning to matt, and even then, only the parts that need it. Just water worked fine as long as you keep rinsing. I guess I can sum it up by saying, "Let your nose be your guide." I'm sure we'd all like to see this glamorous piggie. Any chance you can post a photo link?

Joanie