[Gpdd] MISC Catching up

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Feb 18 11:21:51 EST 2009

Hello piggies and slaves,

We have had some trouble with our flaky ISP again here at Piggyfriends and have only been able to log on occasionally so we need to catch up on some posts.

So we would like to thank Leah for sharing Princess Snowflake and Bertie Pig's lovely Valentine's Day website pigtures.

We also enjoyed looking at the Guinea Pig Jamboree and want to send our congratulations to Ginger and slave Sarah for starring on the site.

Congratulations are in order to Mieke for adopting the little shelter boys, Toby and Chico. What a wonderful life they are going to have with you. Thanks are also due to Erwin for allowing them to stay.

We would like to welcome Angela and Peter's new Guinea Goddess, Pomona. Many of my Piggyfriends, over many years, have had their own take on the word "wheek". Some have made the most unusual noises, from a pitifully quiet "squeak" to a very loud two-toned "Oy-ink". Diamond makes a "hoo hoo" kind of noise ( always has ). New boy Polo makes a deafening noise if there is any chance of another meal and disturbs the rest of the herd. He tries to rumble and wheek at the same time. Some never say anything and rely on one of their group to do the necessary wheeking. They are all different so Mona's leaky radiator sound is not surprising. I think that Polo is trying to emulate Dana's newest piggy so I am trying not to rustle a bag in his presence. My dear Rochelle, from many years ago, used to open her mouth to wheek and no sound ever came out but her sister, Posy, made up for it.

We love the videos of the Surrey Squeakers and laughed at Stefanie's impersonation of the "local eccentric". Only this morning I was cutting a box of grass in a field next to a car wash, looked up and all the guys had stopped work to stare at me. Of course, someone had to ask me what I was doing. Er, cutting grass! Now go and wash cars.

And.........before I lose my connection, how I came to be on the GPDD. I had just lost my elderly Snickers, a lovely golden Alpaca, and was looking for the Rainbow Bridge story. I wanted to print it out to replace the one in the Piggyfriends' gallery which had become tattered with age and I came across the GPDD. It sounded fun so I joined, just to read the stories. Then I read people's questions about piggies and thought "I can answer this" so I did. After all these years of caring for piggies, it was good to be able to pass on some knowledge where it might be appreciated.

I hope that I have caught up with everyone and had better send this before the gods of the Internet decree otherwise.

Love and wheeks to all piggies and slaves ( and buns and hamsters and any other precious creature ).

Penny and the Piggyfriends.