[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS: 4 new Squeakers!

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:55:05 EST 2009

Yes, I know I don't NEED any more guinea pigs. Yes, I've got enough guinea pigs as it is. Yes, if I don't have too many, then they can live happily in the shed for a week without needing cleaning out when we go away. Yes, it's a big job transferring them all from pens to shed, or shed to pens. So I've just accepted 4 more.

These 4 belonged to a friend of a friend's daughter. Her parents are divorcing, and rather than choose between her mum and dad, she's gone to live with an uncle in the US, and left her piggies behind. The mum has obviously never heard of rescues, and was (unwillingly, at least) going to have them put to sleep. I could hardly say no, could I? This now takes me to an all-time high of 21. They arrived yesterday. They are all beautiful, and have settled in well. Two are bold, and two are shy. I will rename them and take photos in due course!

Stefanie and the ever-expanding herd of Surrey Squeakers. (Soon they'll have to be the Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire Squeakers when there's too many to fit in Surrey!)