[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE - another piggy has left us

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Sun Feb 22 04:54:00 EST 2009

Well, we do unfortunately seem to be going through a period of bad luck with our piggies at the moment.  First Flecker, then Ging and then yesterday Pigwig left us.  She was an almost 4 years old, very long haired texel.  We got her almost 3 years ago, she was about 11 months at the time.  The breeder had taken her to the pet shop as she appeared to be infertile.  She was a very quiet girl, easy to handle and got on with everyone else.  Last year she had a couple of eppisodes with her breathing which she got over and seemed fine.  However a couple of days ago she had another similar eppisode which we were hoping she'd also get over but sadly it wasn't to be.  She left sometime yesterday afternoon.  I really hope this run of bad luck will end now.  Unfortunately I think we may have one more loss shortly, my 8.5 year old netherland dwarf rabbit Munchkin is not doing well.  We're going to be taking him to the vet this week but unfortunately I suspect he may have cancer and may !
 have to be put to sleep.  I'm hoping the vet may say he's got a while but really don't know.  We'll just have to wait and see what they've got to say.  Unfortunately this is one of the dangers when you've got lots of pets like we have, things can go fine for months and then suddenly you lose a few all at once which, as everyone knows, can be very difficult.  Well, we're down to 5 piggies now, ages ranging from 4.5 to a few months.  I really hope we don't have any more losses now for a good while.