[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Pigwig

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Tue Feb 24 05:31:10 EST 2009

And still it continues .... this apparent mass exodus to The Rainbow
Bridge. Are they all wanting to be there to help Peter Gurney to
celebrate his birthday? We were so very sorry to hear of the recent
departure of little Pigwig, and realise it must seem all the more
heartbreaking for you coming so hot on the heels of Flecker's and Ging's
departures. As you say, the price people like us, who have multiple
masters, pay for the privilege of enjoying the company of so many pets is
that we have so many more bereavements with which we have to contend, and
as you know, no matter how many masters we have, it never makes losing
any single one of them any easier. Pigwig sounds like a special little
pig - we have never heard of, let alone seen, a longhaired texel, but it
sounds very "posh", and from your description she had a lovely,
easy-going personality. We can't help feeling some resentment towards a
breeder who would just abandon an infertile piggie at a petshop at the
age of 11 months - what a terrible shock it must have been for her. She
could have ended up with any kind of ignorant or uncaring owner, but we
are really glad she ended up with someone as caring as you, who were
willing to nurse her through her breathing difficulties and give her the
love she needed and deserved. We are sure she knew how much she was
loved, and now she is breathing freely and popcorning happily around in
that sunshine-filled meadow at The Rainbow Bridge, probably being shown
the ropes by Flecker and Ging. We will be saying a little prayer for
Munchkin the rabbit - 8.5 years is a very good age for a dwarf rabbit,
and they are such fragile creatures. Good luck at the vet's. We can't
imagine what it might be like to go from 8 piggies down to 5 in so short
a time. We are already feeling the absence of our dear Scoot, who Penny
tells us is doing well in hospital, but we can't imagine having so few -
it must seem very quiet. We are thinking of you at this very sad time,
and wishing you well. Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses