[Gpdd] Misc: thank you for advice

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 11:20:47 EST 2009

dear fellow piggie lovers,
So sorry to read of all the piggies going to the bridge. Makes me sad to hear of their passing.I want to thank everyone who posted on how to care for a long hair piggie:) the placing her on the toilet after bath and giving her a "trim" works great!!
Its been a ruff week here in misfit land..The piggies are all great. Its the slave(me) that's having a ruff week... the day before valentines day (Feb 13 and yes it was a Friday) my father passed away.. So been kind of on the sad side here. My house was full of my relatives. So my piggies got alot of attention indeed. Everyone wanted to know each piggies story. (as we know every pig has a story to tell)
So sorry for not answering right away to thank you all for the great advice on caring for a long hair piggie.
My father loved my piggies as well. He was in a assisted living home.He had alot of health issues but never complained once. He was on kidney dialysis 3 times a week, he had heart problems,was diabetic and was blind. He would call daily to find out what was new with the piggies.
We would take a piggie out each week to  see him. He would place the piggie on his couch by  him and pet the piggie and tell the piggie how cute he/she was.   I must admit the nurses there said they have never had anyone bring "piggies" there to see the residents. mainly people bring dogs to see their loved ones..
I think dad had a favorite piggie, his name is Patches. Patches is our gentle piggie.. he would cuddle up to dads leg and just sit there and talk with dad while he got his loving pets from dad.
Just wanted to share what was going on here in misfit land. Hoping  all little sick furbabies are getting better. and our deepest sympathies to all who have lost a dear piggie.
Take care
Jean & Andy and the many misfits (we are up to 15 now)