[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Munchkin

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sat Feb 28 07:04:07 EST 2009

We were sorry to hear that you had to make that difficult decision to
help Munchkin make that final journey to The Rainbow Bridge, but we are
sure it was the right decision, as truly devoted slaves like yourselves
only ever make the right decision on these occasions. The Dolly Mixtures'
slave has been slave to a bunny family in the past - in fact, that family
was only acquired as the result of Debbie wanting a companion for a lone
guinea pig that someone had given her. The daddybun, Calin, was the first
animal Debbie ever had to help to The Bridge, and she found it very
traumatic, but knew it had to be done. Babybun, Bubba, went to The Bridge
suddenly one day from his hutch at a very young age, and then we were
faced with the difficult decision of what to do with mummy bun, Bisou.
After much emotional torment, the decision was made to take her to live
in the UK, where she could receive better vet care and have bunny
companions, and she will hopefully be celebrating her 6th birthday there
this Easter - her new slaves keep in touch. We can imagine how you will
miss Munchkin after 8.5 years. We got very used to have rabbits in the
house, and the place felt strange without them for a long time. All our
bunnies were like Munchkin, they hated being picked up and only wanted
petting on their own terms. Bisou was (and still is!) a very demanding
master, always placing herself right in front of us with her head
outstretched, demanding that we stroke her nose! We have found guinea
pigs to be easier masters than bunnies, but both species have a
tremendous amount to give and to teach us. Let's hope this marks the end
of your period of sad losses, and that spring brings only optimism and
health to you and yours. Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses