[Gpdd] Health: Mimi's eye

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:40:09 EST 2009

Jaime,

Charlie got a small piece of hay in his eye not too long back and it did get
scratched.  I, fortunately, had an appointment for a check up in a couple of
days so I went out and got eyedrops that are supposed to be just like tears
to flush his eye.  I had gotten the hay out (with my fingers) but he still
seemed uncomfortable.  The drops really seemed to help him.  My vet said
they were just fine to use for piggies.  It's called "Refresh Tears
Lubricant Eye Drops".  I wouldn't use straight water as that has many
minerals in it that could harm her eye further.

You should probably have her to the vet in case she did scratch her eye.
She could develop an infection from it.  Charlie had 2 eye drops.  One for
pain and the other was an antibiotic.  I used them for about a week.

Good Luck!
Piggy Kisses,
Maren, the freshly healed Charlie, and Kaylee