[Gpdd] Misc: Secret Santa Thanks

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 5 13:47:49 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

This was my first year participating in "Secret Santas" and the girls (Doris, Audrey and Olivia) and I had such a great time!  We had a lot of fun shopping for gifts for our Secret Santa piggies; I was responsible for the actual ordering and packaging, but I must admit I could not have done it without their generous advice and constructive criticism.

Then, a week before Christmas, a huge brightly decorated parcel arrived on the doorstep addressed to "Doris, Audrey and Olivia" --- they were SOOOO  excited.  To be honest, they don't get much mail, and I think they would have been happy just to have a big colourful box with their names on it... But they couldn't resist opening just a teeny corner and peeking inside --- Well!  It turned out to be FULL of piggie treats and presents (even some for their long-suffering slave)!  I was forced to take charge and dole out the treasures one by one; I'm sure there was a new treat or toy for every day of the week leading up to Christmas.  They loved everything, and almost two weeks later, they are still happily playing and munching.

I want to thank Alicia for all her hard work organizing Secret Santas, especially during such a sad time right after Squeakers and Sailor Willie departed for the Bridge, but I was so happy to hear that Dodger and Beau arrived in her life in time for Christmas.

Also, a very big THANK YOU to our Secret Santa piggies, Poppy, Holly and Miss Otis (and slave Martha Coburn) in Ontario --- you definitely made my girls' Christmas extra special this year!

                                   Pat (who continues to receive ongoing advice and constructive criticism from Doris, Audrey and Olivia!)