[Gpdd] Behavior: Biting Slave

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 03:35:18 EST 2009

Dear Hershey,
     Maybe you have carried this new bravery thing a bit too far (or a bite
too far -- wheeek, wheeek, wheeek). Wheeze be pirate piggies and its been a
long time since either of us nipped our momma. It just isn't done. (Tho some
pggies are nibblers and a few slaves have been bitten.) Maybe for the next few
days your momma should go back to using your cavy cozy when getting you out of
the cage. Jolly Rodent Wilson (long at the Bridge) had fear issues and he nibbed
momma several times we've heard -- enough to draw a drop blood on either side
of the teeth marks. Our momma started wearing  long sleeved sweat shirts for
a while (the weather was right) so that he wouldn't learn to control by
nibbing or worse, biting. Later, after the sweatshirt period, he would ever so
gently nip momma on the arm when he wanted to be put down. There are nips and then
there are nips,   and then there are real bites. We seldom inflict a real bite
-- guinea pigs in general, I mean. Leah's famaous Brownie Bear was a nipper
at times but they got on well together. But be careful. We think you'll start
doing better Hershey. You've made a lot of progress and you don't want to scare
your momma.

Your friend,
The Jolly Rodent Caribbean Piggy Pirates, Capt'n Jack and Barnacle Bill