[Gpdd] Silly: Plush pals

cmartinez36 at comcast.net cmartinez36 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 21:03:00 EST 2009

Just had to make a quick response to Joanie's post about the plush pals. It is a rare thing for me to find a plush guinea pig. Of course, that doesn't stop me from looking every time I'm in a store with stuffed animals. So this past Christmas, we got to actually double our collection --- from two to four! My piggies have only a mild and fleeting interest in the plush ones, but I still get a kick out of the stuffed representations. Previously I had one from a company called Folkmanis, and another one from Blockbuster, of all places ("Ray"). Then at Barnes and Noble while perusing the children's section, I couldn't believe it, but yes they actually had a little stuffed guinea pig. It looks like a teddy, maybe. Then my husband surprised me with one from the internet, it is from a company that makes something called "FurReal". Have you seen it? It runs on a battery, and you pat its back and it makes sort of guinea pig noises, moves its head, and opens and closes its eyes! And the little feet are very detailed, four toes in front and three in back, with plastic pads on the bottoms. And it has a baby bottle! Curious! We took my stepson's baby son shopping at a toy store, and they have Wonder Pets in the baby section! You know, the super-hero guinea pig, Linny and friends? Amazing...I have yet to acquire anything from the Wonder Pets, but you never know.....

Okay! Well that's just to share your interest in plush piggies, Joanie!

Wheeks, and Happy New Year,

Carla, Apache and Remy (with Snowball and Snickers at the Bridge)