[Gpdd] Misc: example YouTube letter

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 12 14:55:53 EST 2009

I've sent my You Tube letter in from the UK.  Thanks for the example letter,
Luita.  For anyone who missed Luita's letter, here it is again below.

Carole

I am writing to express my horror and disgust regarding one of the YouTube
videos that continues to be available on your site. To be specific, this
is a video that records a snake killing a guinea pig.

I understand that animals kill and eat each other in the wild, but such
spectacles are hardly recreational viewing. Animals kill and eat each
other out of necessity; some people record and watch such activities “for
fun” because they are, in a word, monsters. I am sure that it comes as no
new information to you that people who enjoy sadism towards animals often
eventually turn their sadistic pleasure towards people. The history of
murderers is riddled with people who “graduated” from animals to their own
kind.

The video that your site carries encourages this pathology, and as
administrators and owners of this website, you carry the ultimate
responsibility for this encouragement. What is particularly terrible is
that a reference to this video appears when the subject of “guinea pigs”
is entered into YouTube’s search engine. I am sure that many people,
including children, have been subjected to this appalling video simply
because they were trying to pursue their interest in, and love for, a
well-loved companion animal.

I hope this letter, as well as the others that you will undoubtedly
receive from other concerned individuals, will prompt you to act
responsibly, and either remove the video entirely from YouTube’s site, or
direct only to those people who enter something like “animal sadism” into
the search engine. Such a subject line speaks for itself.

Luita Spangler