[Gpdd] [Health] Neutering

Stuart Watson stuart.watson at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Jan 12 15:38:33 EST 2009

Hi,

I have been keeping guinea pigs for about 9 years so far, and have
never had to have any neutered.

Recently however one of a pair (Oscar (survivor) and Wild (RIP)) died
suddenly from what appeared to me to be a major stroke; leaving Oscar
behind.  I have tried introducing him to sever males but is having
none of it; hence I am considering adopting a lady friend for him from
a rescue centre; but first want to get him neutered.  Does anyone have
any advice of how to find a suitable vet in general for this type of
operation?  And if anyone lives near Durham in the UK I would welcome
specific recommendations.  If you want to contact medirect please feel
free to use panda at durge.org.

Yours,

Stuart (me), Oscar, Cuprum, Hydragyrum, Charlie and Elpis.