[Gpdd] misc: question on cereal?

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 13 10:35:59 EST 2009

hello all fellow piggie lovers:)
First our deepest sympathies to all slaves on piggies passing to the bridge. It breaks my heart to read of the passings but I know each piggie in our care is loved and missed so much when they pass.
My question is I was at a pet store buying hay, and I walked by the piggies.. I always ask to hold each piggie when I am there. They keep them locked up in a large glass cage. While I was snuggling each piggie I noticed in their food bowl the pet shop had cereal besides the pellets.. it looked like cheerioes and rice crispies.. So I asked.. he said he brings in the stale cereal  from his home and puts it in all the rodents cages.. he said it was great for their teeth.  I was a little concerned so I thought I would ask all of you about this.. is that ok to do? I have never feed any of my piggies cereal, only the pellets and hay and veggie plate in morning.. just wondering what you all thought of this..
Thanks for your advice in advance. I learn so much reading the posts on all the piggie knowledge you all have. I am learning something new all the time about the care of  piggies. Our little Trigger was sick with a "cold" running eyes and nose, but went on antibotics and is doing as good as new:)
Hugs to all of you and your piggies,
Jean and the misfits 14